Car Stealers, Web Series, Review And Interview




This is a fun twist on the criminal gang. They are out to steal cars that have been stolen so they can give them back. Along with the plot the lead has a super natural power with locks, making her ideal for the job. Here they end up facing an old nemesis.

I saw Car Stealers at the 2019 FilmQuest film festival (website). It was nominated for Best Web Series and Best Ensemble Cast

Car Stealers is a comedy for the light hearted moments.

Synopsis

A girl with a supernatural ability to pick locks joins "The Car Stealers," a group of ethical car thieves who steal back stolen cars.

What was the inspiration for Car Stealers?

Christopher Guerrero shares his inspiration for Car Stealers and why he is a filmmaker. He also talks about other projects and things he likes to do besides filming.

Eric T. Roth and I got together brainstormed about things everyone loves. Car and Heists. We also took a page from one of our favorite films Repo Man and decided to make our homage to that. As if it existed in the same universe, and asked ourselves what would be the reaction to someone who got their car taken from them by a Repo Manas a kid? This is that story.

What project(s) do you have coming up you're excited about?

I'm currently finishing up another festival run for a short called, White Guys Solve Sexism and we are currently looking for funding or a network to turn Car Stealers into a full series as we continue a long festival tour, next stop New Jersey.

I also just completed two short film scripts that I will be shooting in the next couple months, The Cuck: After being fired, a Drama teacher becomes an Alt-Right fanatic writing a play about a " Cuck", but he's too naive to see that the "Cuck" is in fact himself." Also Girl Afraid, which centers around a young Latinx woman in 2004 trying to get healthcare in Fresno.

After that, I have two features a Sci-Fi Epic called The Flight of the Transcendental, a Comedy/Action Film called You Can Call Me Al, and thriller/noir called Giant Sequoia.

What was your early inspiration for pursuing a career in film?

I remember it vividly, I was when I first saw Casablanca when I was 6 or 7. I told my parents, I'm gonna make stuff like that. Also, I don't see a lot of Latinx people in media and I'm gonna change that!

What would be your dream project?

In the projects I mentioned before, The Flight of the Transcendentalis my dream project, it combines all of my favorite things... music, comedy, sci-fi, and noir with a deep family emotional drama.

What are some of your favorite pastimes when not working on a movie?

Going to punk shows, BBQing, and making cookies. Also just plain doing nothing. It's the best!

What is one of your favorite movies and why?

The first one that comes to mind is Repo Man, I think mostly because I had never seen a film like it, and I haven't seen one since. It's raw, it's edgy and it's unapologetically campy and weird.

Movies aren't like that anymore, and also we need more angry punks in films. Let's get mad for once.

You can find out more about Car Stealers on

IMDb (link)
Their website (link)
Twitter (link)
Instagram (link)
Facebook (link)

You can also watch the trailer on Vimeo (link).

I'm working at keeping my material free of subscription charges by supplementing costs by being an Amazon Associate and having advertising appear. I earn a fee when people make purchases of qualified products from Amazon when they enter the site from a link on Guild Master Gaming and when people click on an ad. If you do either, thank you.

If you have a comment, suggestion, or critique please leave a comment here or send an email to guildmastergaming@gmail.com.

I have articles being published by others and you can find most of them on Guild Master Gaming on Facebookand Twitter(@GuildMstrGmng).